Taste Mauritius Private Catering
We offer the opportunity to cater for a variety of events and individuals whether this is at a hired location, venue or at home.
Private dining events are a great opportunity to be creative and devise wonderful bespoke menus to suit your needs. So while you are planning your outfit, getting the kids ready or last minute shopping; you can do it all safely in knowledge that we will be taking care of everything in the kitchen!
Ideas of typical dishes can be found below. These are just a few suggestions, if you would like a full list or to discuss canapés and/or bespoke menus, please email Selina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samossa (Fillings: Lamb, Potato & Pea, Tuna)
- Gateaux Piment (Split Pea Chilli Balls)
- Taro Cakes
- Bhajia (Fried chickpea batter)
- Gateaux Bringele (Aubergine Fritters)
- Chicken Liver (Sauteed with onion and garlic)
- Shrimp Croquettes (made with potato, curried spices)
- Satinis (Chutneys) Coriander, Tomato, Coconut & Tamarind, Piment Confit Chillies
- Chicken, Lamb or Beef Daube (French inspired tomato based stew)
- Goat, Lamb, Chicken or Fish Cari (Our traditional Mauritian homemade curry)
- Sausage, Seafood or Fish Rougaille (Creole tomato spicy sauce dish)
- Briani’s (Chicken, Lamb or Vegetable)
- Tropical Salads ( Green Mango, Coconut, Papaya)
- Farata/Roti/Dhall Puri (homemade made to order)
- Cari Grois Pois (Butterbean) or Chickpea & Potato
- Octopus Salad (with fresh parsley, onions)
- Fish Vindaye (mustard turmeric pickled fish)
- Achards (Vegetable pickle)
- Coconut Dhall
- Fragrant Rice or Pilau
- Tarte Banane (lattice style banana tart)
- Caramelised Rum Bananas with Homemade Ice Creams
- Pain Perdu
- Vermecelli Pudding
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Spiced Syrup
- Mango & Rum Syllabub/Mousse
- Pudine Mais (polenta cake)
- Coconut Ice Cream/Rum & Raisin
Other bespoke services include:
- Drop Off Service food prepared at Taste Mauritius HQ and delivery or drop off to the client only, collections can also be arranged
- Private Parties catered by Taste Mauritius at a venue of your choice.
- Catering bookings for regular or one off special events.
- Cookery demonstrations for clients/corporate cookery classes and interactive lessons in Mauritian street food or dhall puri making.
- Canapes/Party food for Corporate events, lunches, conferences and parties in Surrey or London.
- Recipe/Menu Development for Clients, designing a bespoke menu, tasters and working with the client to suit your needs
Following the NEW law in December 2014 we are now labeling all our products for catering and menus, with ingredients including the known 14 allergens, please advise us of any allergies or requirements prior to booking.
“As the Mauritius Tourism Board, Selina Periampillai and Taste Mauritius were the perfect choice to cater for our event, and we were not disappointed. Selina cooked up a storm with a variety of sweet and savoury dishes that were second to none. The diversity of the dishes proved to be extremely popular with our guests as was Selina’s cooking demonstration. It was an absolute pleasure working with her and we hope work together again in the future.”
“Everyone absolutely loved it!!! The Mauritian rum cocktails and the Sega music was a lovely touch. The food was absolute perfection. Every single one of us ate so so much. It’s very hard to please my whole family but you definitely did.Everything was perfect. Learning to make dholl puri was a lot of fun. It was nice to see that eveyone got involved. I’m going to try to make some next week! You bring a lovely modern touch to classic mauritian cooking” Naomi, October 2014
“Thank you for such an amazing meal yesterday! We were blown away by it and had an amazing time! Our favourite dishes were the monk fish, the soup, the curries, the starters and desert… I think I’ve just listed the entire menu there!! It was a floorless experience!! Amazing thank you so much” Anonymous, 23rd October 2014